Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcome

I'm just a man, a man with millions of pets, and a passion for fermentation. I'm a brewer, a vintner, and a mead maker. I ferment grains, vegetables, beans and dairy. I believe in the power of yeast and bacteria to transform the everyday to the exceptional as well as to sustain and heal humans and the earth. I believe the sanitized food culture that starts with sterile fields, irradiated produce and extends to pasteurized yogurt and cheese creates an imbalance in the natural order; and that embracing and encouraging fermentation, we can re-establish balance in our lives and our environments.

It is my goal to explore from a practical, philosophical and scientific point of view the power of fermentation to transform life, health and the environment. I hope to offer practical lessons from my experience in fermentation, insight based on my understanding of scientific literature and my thoughts on the successes and failures of my fermentations.

I hope this will be an interesting blog and I'd like to welcome you to the beginning of my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment